‘Gears Art’ is an art exhibition featuring dozens of works from the Gears of War universe including concept art from Gears of War 4 and original artwork inspired by the series. The opening night event will be held Saturday, October 1 from 7-10 PM at Nucleus Gallery in the Los Angeles area and will include door prizes, raffle prizes, and the opportunity to attend* the “Gears of War 4: Live” launch event. The exhibition will remain open for viewing through Sunday, October 2nd.
The first 200 entrants to the ‘Gears Art’ opening night event will receive invitations* to attend the ‘Gears of War 4: Live’ launch event, a live-stream celebration on October 5th from Burbank, CA featuring creators, cast and top Gears eSports players to be streamed worldwide. Attendees of ‘Gears of War 4: Live’ will also be among the first to play the game before the game is released via early access on October 7.
Gears Art marks the first gallery show for the iconic Xbox series that celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. The exhibition includes diverse works across a range of mediums, including:
- Gears of War 4 Art – An extensive selection of Gears of War 4 concept art, production art and finished renders will be on display, many of it never-before-seen. “Gears of War 4 is an all-new saga, set 25 years after Gears of War 3. It’s also the first Gears game developed for today’s technology, including 4K,” said Kirk Gibbons, Art Director for The Coalition. “From a design standpoint, it was an opportunity to return to the tense and brutal atmosphere of the series roots, while taking an evolutionary step forward in other areas, specifically character design and animation.” The art will be featured in the upcoming hardcover “The Art of Gears of War 4” from Dark Horse which will be available for pre-order at the event.
- Tony Moore Fine Art Prints – Tony Moore will debut the last of his three-panel collaboration at the show, each of which will be available as limited edition fine art prints from Nucleus Gallery: “Highway to Hell” (debuted at San Diego Comic-Con), “Fear the Swarm” (debuted at PAX), and a third piece to debut at Nucleus. “The Gears characters have fantastic details, and a really impressive sense of weight,” said Moore. “Plus, I love drawing chunky tech and big ugly monsters.”
- Gears of War 4 Soundtrack – The Gears of War 4 soundtrack by composer Ramin Djawadi (Iron Man, Pacific Rim, Game of Thrones) will make its public debut at the event. “Gears 4 is action-driven, but there’s an underlying emotional through-line that I really liked,” said Ramin.
- COG Armor Replicas – Full-size replicas of the iconic Lancer and COG armor from the Gears of War universe will be on display featuring unique designs by artists from around the world. Based on fan response these designs may be added to the game as unique character skins.
- Artist Appearances – Jesse Hernandez (@urbanaztec) and Hydro74 (@hydro74) are two artists that we have been pleased to welcome to the Gears of War family this year. Their artwork has been featured at many of our Gears events, on digital wallpapers on Xbox.com, and can be seen on millions of Gears of War 4 Rockstar Energy cans this year.