Bethesda has made it clear that they are working on three games, two of which are ‘bigger than anything’ the studio has ever made and we just might have gotten a teaser for those two games! The developer sent out a ‘Save the Date’ for their E3 2017 conference last month, but the official invite has arrived and it’s bringing a teaser of the event.
Check it out:
In the invite, we see a number of Bethesda IPs, including (left to right, ending at center):
- Dishonored 2
- NEW IP
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Quake Champions
- NEW IP
- Fallout 4
What we know about the games included in the image:
- Dishonored 2 released in 2016 and has yet to receive an expansion or DLC (something we will likely see at E3 2017).
- Prey is set to release on May 5th, well before E3 2017. We may see DLC at the event or simply the acknowledgment of its release.
- Bethesda stated they were working on “two other games” before Elder Scrolls 6 (likely the two ‘under construction IPs in the image). The inclusion of Elder Scrolls on the invite could suggest information on the Nintendo Switch version of Skyrim. The volcano in the back suggests that we may see more on the Morrowind expansion for Elder Scrolls Online (thanks, Chris!).
- DOOM released in 2016 and has yet to receive an expansion (something we will likely see at E3 2017).
- Quake Champions has no release date but will come sometime this year (the release date will probably be revealed at E3 2017).
- Fallout 4 is getting a VR release (as seen in the Project Scorpio reveal) that will be an “industry changer.”
Bethesda’s E3 Showcase is set to take place on Sunday, June 11th.
A previous rumor, based on a job description, suggested that Evil Within 2 is in development – that might be one of the games!