The Coalition took to Xbox Wire today to detail the contents of the update that will be hitting Gears of War 4 tomorrow, May 2.
The May update adds two maps to the game. The first is Dawn, which is a brand new map set in an Outsider village built around an abandoned mining colony. The other map, which returns from Gears of War 2, is Security. This map was highly requested by the fans, so The Coalition remastered the map to fit modern graphical and gameplay standards. You can check out a screenshot of each of the maps below.
On Windows 10 PC, Gears of Wars 4 will get Multi-GPU support to push the visuals of the game. You can read more about how to set up One of the May Gear Packs also includes Zombie Benjamin Carmine, while Locust Grenadier Elite is this month’s craftable character.
You can check out additional patch notes below:
- Reverted Competitive Gnasher tuning to it’s pre-April Update settings.
- General improvements to Ranked Lobby
- Added additional IFF Lights to V-Day Bernie to balance her battlefield visibility with other characters
- Fixed an issue preventing the Markza Mk. 1 from headshotting
- Fixed an issue that would result in slow movement speeds if pressing slightly backwards while strafing
- Significantly reduced the occurrence Zombie Characters say “Braaaaaaaains!”
- Reduced the amount of Power dropped by destroyed fortifications in Horde
- Fixed a Horde exploit where the Fabricator could be floated in the air
- Reduced volume of RAAM’s footsteps
- Reduced volume of Kantus and Savage Kantus vocals
- Reduced volume of the headshot sound effects for Kantus, Savage Kantus and RAAM
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Locust Drone dialogue firing
- Windows 10: Fixed an issue with mouse sensitivity when Zoom Sensitivity is set to 3.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements
You can check out two screenshots of the new maps and a video that delves into them more below. Gears of War 4 is currently available on Windows 10 PC and Xbox One.