The ceremony for The Game Awards 2016 has just been wrapped up, and the winners for one of the most relevant award shows of the year have been announced.
The winners of each award, presented by long-time host Geoff Keighley, were voted among nominees indicated by a panel of industry and media professionals. Some of the results were decided by the jury, while others were selected via popular vote by the audience on the web.
Of course, now we also know who won the coveted Game of the Year award, and it’s Blizzard’s multiplayer FPS hit Overwatch.
On the other hand, Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild won the fan-voted Most Anticipated category.
If you want to know more, you can find the full list of winners below, split depending on whether they were selected by the jury or voted by the fans:
- Game of the Year: Overwatch
- Best Studio/Game Direction: Blizzard Entertainment
- Best Narrative: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Best Art Direction: Inside
- Best Music/Sound Design: Doom
- Best Performance: Nolan North – Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Games for Impact Award: That Dragon Cancer
- Best Independent Game:
- Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Pokémon Go
- Best VR Game: Rez Infinite
- Best Action Game: Doom
- Best Action/Adventure Game: Deishonored 2
- Best Role Playing Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Bloood & Wine
- Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter V
- Best Family Game: Pokémon Go
- Best Strategy Game: Civilization 6
- Best Sports/Racing Game: Forza Horizon 3
- Best Multiplayer Game: Overwatch
- Best eSports Player:Coldzera
- Best eSports Team: Cloud9
- Best eSports Game: Overwatch
- Trending Gamer: Boogie2988
- Most Anticipated Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Industry Icon Award: Hideo Kojima