Pokémon Day, which commemorates the franchise’s birthday, is Feb. 27, and this year’s looks to be a big one. Pokémon is finally of drinking age this year, and The Pokémon Company is holding several events to honor the big 21.
The whole list of Pokémon Day festivities is on the official Pokémon website, including things to buy and special items appearing in games like Pokémon Go. Here’s the round-up of how fans should spend Feb. 27:
- From Feb. 26 at 1 p.m. PT until March 6 at 1 p.m. PT, all wild Pikachu in Pokémon Go will be wearing appropriate party hats to show just how hard they’re celebrating the series’ 21st birthday. These special Pikachu will wear the party hats forever, apparently — because why ever stop partying?
- Pokémon TV, the online and mobile streaming platform where fans can watch a variety of Pokémon episodes and movies, will have several Pokémon movies available to watch beginning Feb. 27. These include the reappearance of Pokémon: The First Movie — otherwise known as Pokémon’s best, saddest movie — along with the Celebi-starring Pokémon 4Ever and Pokémon — Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
- Completionists can buy the latest Pokémon movie, Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, on digital platforms like iTunes and Amazon Video starting Feb. 27. The film first aired on Disney XD in December, and it features new legendaries Volcanion and Magearna.
- Competitive Pokémon fans can watch hours of matches from the franchise’s various video games and trading card game on the Pokémon Twitch account. These will include popular battles from recent Pokémon World Championships, as well as older ones that diehards will remember well.
- Going on at the same time are a few things that fans already have the heads-up on. A special edition New Nintendo 3DS XL styled after Pikachu goes on sale on Feb. 24, right before Pokémon Day, and Pokémon Sun and Moon players can head to GameStop to get a single special bottle cap item.
This year’s Pokémon Day sounds a little less extravagant than last year’s, when the series turned 20, but 21 is really all about going out on the town or hanging with good friends, anyway. Sounds like a bunch of these activities are a perfect fit for just that.