It’s that time again. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is to get another update and this ones pretty big. There are some general tweaks, some changes to some of the operators, as well as some new weapon attachments.
You can read about all of the details right here, so lets dive right in.
Operator Gadgets and Loadouts:
- Valkyrie now has 3 black eye cameras, down from 3.
- IQ & Montagne will now be able to deploy and unequip their gadgets faster.
- The 417’s recoil has been reduced meaning it will be easier to string shots together.
- The 417’s damage has also been increased.
- Buck’s Camrs has also had a damage increase.
- Fuze’s 6P41 has had another buff.
- Ash’s G36C has had its recoil reduced slightly.
- Rook and Doc’s P90’s recoil has been reduced back down slightly.
- Mute’s MP5K has had a slight damage buff and also a recoil reduction.
- Blackbeard’s Mk17 CQB has had a slight increase to the recoil making it more of a challenge to use with the shield.
- Frost’s 9mm C1 has been buffed to make it a good option compared to the shotgun.
- Will now deploy a fully functional Shock Drone in preparation phase.
- Her two normal drones have been replaced by a second Shock Drone.
The Shock Drone itself has also had a few changes made to it.
- It now moves 30% faster (this puts it on par with normal Drone speeds).
- It creates less sound when moving.
- The red light on the model has been removed.
- The range of the darts has been increased from 5m to 7m.
- Blackbeard now has 2 shields, and can cycle through them with a queue system by equipping / un-equipping.
- The HP of the shields has been reduced, from 800HP to 150HP.
- The Shields’ durability is displayed on the UI.
- Will be able to self heal.
- Will also be able to overheal, both himself and teammates.
- Thatcher loses Stun Grenades and gains a Claymore.
- Twitch loses Stun Grenades and gains Claymore.
- Glaz loses Breach Charges and gains Claymore.
- Thermite loses Stun Grenades and Breach Charges, gains Smoke Grenades and Claymore. Note: since Thermite is probably the most support oriented attacker right now, we believe Smoke Grenades will fit better with this playstyle than Stun Grenades.
Defenders: Impact Grenades
- Caveira loses Nitro Cell and gains Impact Grenades.
- Castle loses Barbwires and gains Impact Grenades.
- Smoke loses Nitro Cell and gains Impact Grenades.
- Rook loses Barbwires and gains Impact Grenades.
- Muzzle brake
This will reduce first shot recoil, putting an emphasis on precision. It will be available for the following weapons, G36C R4-C, MP7, SR-25, MK17, C8SFW, CAMRS, UMP45, MP5, P90, AK12, OTS-03, 552 COMMANDO, 416-C, 9x19VSN, MP5K, FMG-9, AR33, L85A2, 556xi, F2, 417, MPX.
- Heavy Barrel
This will increase damage from long range but will also increase recoil. This trade-off will vary between weapons. The weapons that it will be available for are 416-C, beretta m12, C8-SFW, MAC-11, P90, Para-308, R4-C, 9mm C1, UMP45, Mk17 CQB.