Attention Rocket League sports fans coming to a console near you is the latest update from Indie sensations Psyonix. The latest update has been named the ‘Rumble’ pack and it will cost you the massive amount of nothing.
Rumble will appear in Online Playlists, and also will be available in both Private and Exhibition matches. With todays update you will get 8 free additional power-ups:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you toward the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Snaps the ball to your position)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Also included with todays update is the all-new “Crates and Keys” system, which will help fund upcoming eSports events and prize pools. With this new optional system, random Crates will occasionally drop in Competitive matches and players can then purchase Keys to access their contents. These random, but exclusive Crate items can then be kept or traded with other players (another new feature in the update!) and include everything from “Import” Battle-Cars and unique animated Decals, to Exotic Wheels and other cool Garage accessories.
So with the latest squad update, does this score a hat-trick for you or does this get a red card and a 3 match ban? Sound off in the comments below!