If you’re anything like me, you’ve been sitting around wondering when the next next Grand Theft Auto IV PC patch is going to hit. Wait no longer.
I’m actually not entirely kidding—I’ve been wanting to replay GTA IV for a while now, and have been bummed to find it so difficult to even start the version of the game I own through Steam. Yesterday, Rockstar released a new patch that should make it easier for more people to play.
Per Rockstar, here’s what the Game Patch 8 does:
- Added error code “WTV270″ to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing “Out of Commission” mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the “Resource Usage” indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in “Brief” Menu.
- Fixed “drawlist overflow” crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.